• Keep dressing on for up to 4 hours (if its a large tattoo) or 2 hours (small tattoo)
• Wash skin gently with antibacterial soap and warm water, remembering to wash your hands first before touching the fresh tattoo. Pat dry with with a paper towel. Try to avoid using cloth as this may irritate the skin, as well as harbour certain bacteriea which may react with your skin.
• Repeat this step every 4 hours for 2 days.
• Cover the tattoo overnight, IF instructed by artist. • Let your fresh tattoo air dry; start the creaming process after 24 hours of getting your tattoo.
• We reccomend the use of Easy Tattoo which you can purchase at the studio to keep the area moisturised. This also acts as an effective disinfectant, without leaving a sticky or oily residue on your skin and clothing.
• Apply a thin layer of the cream up to 3 times a day for the first week of commencing the creaming process. After this, cream up twice a day for the second week.
• You can top up with coconut oil or cocoa butter if the tattoo is drying out.
• Make sure that you do not over cream, as this can create a comfortable environment for bacteria, increasing the chance of infection.
• Avoid prolonged exposure to the sun. UV rays act as a magnifying glass, which may cause the ink to bleach from your skin, making your tattoo appear lighter over time. In order to prevent this, use a heavy duty sun cream with factor 50 on the tattooed area.
• Avoid baths for the first 2 weeks of getting your tattoo.
• Once the tattoo starts healing, it will scab and swell. It is important not to irritate the skin, as this could cause the piece to become patchy. Wear loose clothing and take Ibuprofen (always read the label on the packet) to prevent swelling.
PLEASE ALWAYS LISTEN TO YOUR ARTIST FIRST AND FOREMOST
• Dermalize is a state-of-the-art tattoo protective film which is applied by your tattoo artist arter completion.
• If it has been applied, it is VITAL for you to pop back into the shop after 24 hours to get it changed by us.
• After the second round has been applied, keep the Dermalize on for a further 4 days. Once the 4 days has passed pop back to the studio and we will take it off for you. In the case where you are unable to come back, you can take it off at home.
REMOVING DERMALIZE FROM THE SKIN Follow these steps to remove Dermalize Protective Tattoo Film:
• Under running water, lift a corner of the film and stretch it horizontally along the skin surface to avoid breaking the adhesive bond.
• Continue stretching the edge of the film towards the center.
• When both sides of the film are partially removed, grab both sides at the same time and stretch them horizontally and parallel to the skin until the entire film lifts up.
• Dermalize is waterproof and will stay put on the skin even when immersed in water, so showering is allowed. To avoid the adhesive bond from weakening, excessive exposure to water should be avoided. • We do not recommend exposing your new tattoo to the sun. For tattoos to look vibrant, even when fully healed, it is important to use sun protection when being exposed to the sun for a prolonged time. Dermalize does not contain any kind of sun protection.
START YOUR CREAMING PROCESS AFTER THE FINAL REMOVAL